Bohemian Switzerland Easy Tour with boats and Bastei
Breathtaking Bastei bridge and Neurathen keep ruins, river Elbe canyon and a romantic boat ride
BOHEMIAN-SAXON SWITZERLAND NATIONAL PARK
An easy to do walk featuring two great sites of the national park. Family and romantic choice - a tour designed for an easy going day.
Our day trip from Prague to the Bastei bridge starts by a convenient morning pickup from your hotel.
After leaving Prague we will drive you through the countryside of the Czech Republic so you can observe the region of the Northern Bohemia. Our local guide will point out several interesting landmarks along this 2-hour drive to Saxon-Bohemian Switzerland national park.
Our first stop will be the famous mountain bridge "Bastei" in the German part of the national park. Sandstone towers and the Neurathen fortress ruins will remind you of the golden age of this medieval place. We will walk you through this fantastic site and point out the best photo spots. You will stare down at the river Elbe canyon and the table mountains around. We will spend enough time there, for you to slowly explore the site and show you several viewpoints from top of the rocks. The site is easily accessible, so anybody can enjoy all the incredible views.
As a reward for completing the first part of our tour we will have a delicious lunch at a traditional Czech restaurant with a cozy atmosphere. Our menu will include main course and drinks and you can try some delicious local beer as well.
For the second half of the day, we will drive you to the "Gorges of Kamenice" site, where you will enjoy a short (20 mins) dinghy ride in the sandstone canyon formed over 100 millions years ago. We will guide you through enchanting narrow passages, along bizarre rock shapes and stone pillars, a landscape looking like from a fairy tale. Watch local birds and try to spot a trout or even a salmon during your walk through the gorges. Enjoy a visit to 2 countries in one day in an easy going style !
Please bring your passports for this tour as there may be a border check.
Check the "%" highlighted days in the calendar below for our special rates !
- Bastei bridge and Neurathen ruins
- Views to the Elbe canyon !
- Unique sandstone formations
- Gorges of Kamenice dinghy ride
- Rich & tasty lunch at a local restaurant
- Easy to do tour
- Good for famillies
- Walking less than 5 KM total
- Well balanced for any age
- Your passport is required for the tour
- FREE snack pack & water for the day
- FREE Wi-fi in the van
- Prague hotel transport, there and back
- A local guide for the whole day
- Lunch in the national park (main course and drink), vegetarian meal available
- Bastei bridge & ruins excursion
- Gorges of Kamenice dinghy ride ticket
- The trip starts around 8:00 a.m. and ends around 7:30 - 8 p.m.
Your pickup locations
- Any place or hotel in Prague
- Other locations are possible - please ask us