Bohemian Switzerland from Prague
Our most wanted hiking tour through the First Zone of the national park. Ultimate experience.
BOHEMIAN SWITZERLAND NATIONAL PARK
Hiking tour covering 10 miles (15 km). Provides the best overview of the national park on well maintained paths. Great choice for an active day.
If you'd ask locals which sites you can't miss, they would recommend you the Pravcicka Gate and the Gorges of Kamenice dinghy ride. And that's exactly where we will take you on this tour.
On your day trip from Prague you will hike through the most preserved part of the national park - the First Zone - which covers less than 7 % of the area only. It is that much precious. You will admire sandstone formations and steep rock walls along the way up to the Gate and enjoy a nice forest walk. Relax in an active style.
Once you reach the Gate itself, be ready for spectacular views from the viewpoints all around. Sandstone table mountains in the Germany, the Rose hill and a sheer forest below is something your eyes will feast on while wind will sweep through your hair.
The trip then continues through the Gabriela's trail and takes you around even more sandstone towers in an easy 2-hour hike. Walk around old oaks and beech trees, stay quiet for awhile and maybe a falcon, local to the area, will patrol you from above.
Next stop is the lunch, of course ! We will treat you with a main course and a drink - included in your tour - in a traditional restaurant directly on the way. They cook really, really good meals, believe us. How does beef tenderloin with dumplings or a wild boar goulash sound like ? Oh, and of course, local beer from a mini-brewery which you can drink only there, that's a must !
When the energy is replenished, the easier part kicks in. You will descend into a small canyon full of lichen and moss making it exceptionally green, like an emerald gem. Fresh air will fill your lungs, while walking around small river Kamenice will provide a most spectacular scenery. You will feel like in an other-world site. The dinghy ride with ferryman using poles to navigate the boat takes some 20 mins and is the highlight of this part of the tour. Maybe you will even see a small waterfall !
We pick you up in the morning at your Prague address and bring you back full of experiences in the evening, just on time for the dinner. Go out on an adventure with us and check the calendar below for some special rates.
- The Pravcicka Gate monument
- Unique sandstone formations
- Gorges of Kamenice dinghy ride
- Rich & tasty lunch at a local restaurant
- 10 miles (15 KM) moderate hiking
- Well maintained trails
- Perfect for an active day
- Your passport is required for the tour
- FREE snack pack & water for the day
- FREE Wi-fi in the van
- Prague hotel transport, there and back
- A local guide for the whole day
- Lunch in the national park (main course and drink), vegetarian meal available
- Pravcicka Gate site ticket
- Gorges of Kamenice dinghy ride ticket
- Daily during the summer season
- The trip starts at around 8:00 a.m. and ends around 7 p.m.
Your pickup locations
- Any place or hotel in Prague city center
- Other locations are possible - please ask us