Best Rated NP Tours Since 2014. Travel with the only original Northern Hikes.
Imagine visiting a place where one of your friends has lived for a longer time. Would you ask them to give you a tour and show you the best spots so you can experience it as local and not a tourist? Of course you would do that!
And now imagine that we are your friends from Bohemian & Saxon Switzerland. We're a family-like local company, the first ones who started Prague day trips to Bohemian Switzerland in 2014. And we're doing it wtih passion since then :)
Also, here are some benefits we can offer that even your friends might not be able to::
1) We’re all experienced hikers that grew up in the Bohemian Switzerland region.
2) Even though we’re Czech, we feel at home everywhere. We have experience living in different countries like the United States, and we frequently travel around the world. Therefore we communicate in English with other fellow travelers on a daily basis.
3) We’d be happy to talk to you about our culture or even our history, if that’s something that interests you.
4) We are excellent and careful drivers. We were trained professionally as well at the training center Polygon in Hradec Králové. That said, we’ll get you safely from your hotel, to the final destination, and back.
5) If you get dizzy or trip over, you can rely on us to help you out. Nevertheless you don't have to worry, because it almost never happens. But if so, it’s nice to know that we are certified in first aid and CPR, right?
We also take care of the region where we grew up.
We don’t like massive tourism and that's why we are operating in small groups that are better for the environment and the people living in the region.
We only cooperate with the local community. We support, for example, the local restaurant U Forta and Bohemian Coffee House. We also work with local photographers such as Maxime_North or kubajszcom and the town council in Krásná Lípa. Therefore money spent on our tour stays in the region, and part of it even goes to the “Destination Fund Bohemian Switzerland” which we are a proud part of.
And one more thing! We also have over a thousand amazing reviews on Tripadvisor, so check it out.
I was born and raised in the Bohemian Switzerland national park area. Decin is my hometown. Few years ago I quit my corporate job and founded our hiking agency Northern Hikes - out of love for hiking and nature. To do a job that has sense of purpose. I have 21+ years of experience travelling within the region. My aim is to show you that it's not just Prague what you should visit during your stay in the Czech Republic.
I was also born in the Decin - town known as "the gate to the Bohemian Switzerland". Having 15 years of experience in travel industry on cruise ships all around the world, I always wanted to come back one day. Now I am back tour guiding in my home region to show you the best scenic sites, rock formations, deep gorges and scenic viewpoints all around the national park.
I grew up in an ordinary town between Prague and national park so since I was little, I tried to escape to nature every time I could. I have always loved rocks and hills and in Bohemian Switzerland I have found paradise. Spending much time outdoors, my passion gradually converted into a work of a tour guide so I can show you places familiar to me and yet unknown to you. I also love to climb and as this national park is the area where rock climbing in the Czech Republic started, it is a place which attracts me like a steel to magnet.
My hometown Varnsdorf is located just half an hour from the national park. Since my childhood I fell in love with maps, nature and history. This combination showed me the way of my life - geography and travelling. Although I often travel abroad, I always wonder how the national park, just in my backyard, is stunning. Let´s explore the kingdom of silence, wilderness and phantasy.
I’ve always loved traveling and hiking. When I got chance to become part of the “Northern Hikers” and to wander around Bohemian Switzerland it was both love at first sight. My new goal is to share passion for the national park Bohemian Switzerland with you and catter for the the best experience possible so you can fall in love with this sandstone region the same way as I did. You will e-meet me through our email communication :)